Packages and Supplemental Items
Your needs and the needs of the contractor and sub-contactors, will determine the number of blueprints necessary to construct your new home. Typically, you will need to provide one or more copies to your building department when obtaining building permits and at least one copy to your lender. Check with your builder and sub-contractors to find out how many sets of plans they will require. Remember, it is important that you keep a set of house plans for your own reference during construction and for future needs. Review the following plan packages before ordering.
- 1-Set: A one-set plan package is not enough to build from, but is valuable for allowing you to review your project in detail before you begin construction. It can be used to obtain bids and estimates on labor and material. A one set plan package may not be available for all plans. Reproduction of blueprints is a copyright violation. You can upgrade to another blueprint package within 90 days by paying the difference in the cost of the plan packages.
- 5-Set: A minimum of five sets of blueprints will be necessary when constructing your home. This often requires sub-contractors to share blueprints. This can be tricky, as you must keep careful track of each set of construction drawings.
- 8-Set: If you pan to build your new home the way it was originally drawn eight or more sets of blueprints will be the best blueprint purchase. The eight set package offers the least expensive price per set of plans and ensures better quality of construction because all appropriate parties involved in construction will be using their own set of house plans. This allows each person to make notes about construction on the blueprints that are relevant to their specific job. When ordering eight or more sets of blueprints, you will keep one set and your local building department, general contractor, mortgage lender and all subcontractors will use the others.
- Reproducible Master: Typically, reproducible master is a single copy of the house plan printed on erasable mylar or vellum paper which can be erased allowing for a local residential designer or architect to make your desired changes. It comes with a copyright release giving you permission to make slight modifications to the home plan and reproduce it. The reproducible master is necessary when you want to make minor changes to an existing home plan. You will need to take the copyright release with you when you take the blueprints to the copy shop. This plan package gives you the right to build one structure. You may not use the reproducible master to build multiple homes. Multiple builds with the same home plan is a violation of the Copyright Law. (Note: Some designers print reproducible masters on bond paper, and it is necessary to use White Out to make changes. The house plans will come with a copyright release.)
- CAD file: CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting) files are a complete set of plans in an electronic file format and can be opened in most professional design programs. CAD files can be used if you want to make substantial changes to the plans. You will need to hire a professional to make the changes. CAD files include a copyright release allowing you to make legal changes to the copyrighted plans. Since the CAD files will be emailed to you, the designer will first email a license agreement to you. Once you reply to their agreement, the CAD file will then be emailed to you. This plan package entitles you to build the home or garage one time. You do not have permission to build the home or garage more than once.
- PDF file: A PDF file is a complete set of construction drawings in an electronic format that allows you to print the size and number of sets you need. These files can be emailed to you, usually within one business day, and save you the shipping expense. Since the PDF files will be emailed to you, the designer will first email a license agreement to you. Once you reply to their agreement, the PDF file will then be emailed to you. This plan package entitles you to build the home or garage one time. You do not have permission to build the home or garage more than once. These differ from the CAD files in that design changes cannot be made electronically.
- Additional Set: Occasionally, the eight set house plan package may not accommodate your construction needs. Additional sets are available if you find you need extra copies of the construction drawings. Additional sets are available within 90 days of the original purchase of the home plan package. Refer to the home plan page for availability. An extra charge applies.
- Right-Reading Reverse: A right reading reverse house plan is also printed in reverse layout from the original drawings. These plans are helpful when your building site would better accommodate your home plan if all rooms were on the opposite side than what is shown on the original plan. With right-reading reverse house plans, the floor plan is flipped left to right and the text is readable. Refer to the home plan page for availability. An extra charge applies.
- Material List: A material list is a detailed list of materials needed to construct your home plan. Typically material lists call out the quantity, sizes and descriptions of the major building materials needed to construct your house. Material lists help you get more accurate bids from contractors saving time and reducing costs by only paying for the materials you need for construction. Appliances, HVAC, foundation materials, rough plumbing and other various interior finishing materials may not be included. Refer to the home plan page for availability. An extra charge applies.
- 2x6 Wall Framing: Home construction using 2x6 framing provides better energy efficiency offering thicker walls for extra insulation. Many of the house plans published on The House Plan Shop website were originally drawn with 2x4 exterior walls. However, 2x6 wall framing is available for many of our plans. Refer to the home plan page for availability. An extra charge applies.
- All Prices Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- New Garage Plans
- 1 Car Garage Plans
- 2 Car Garage Plans
- 3 Car Garage Plans
- 4 + Car Garage Plans
- Auto Lift Garage Plans
- Garage Apartment Plans
- Drive-Thru Garage Plans
- RV Garage Plans
- Garage Plans With Lofts
- Boat Storage
- Garages with Storage/Workshops
- Pole Buildings
- Horse Barns
- Poolside Structures
- Play Houses